Monday, July 11, 2011

Another day...

So sorry for the lack of posts lately.  Yesterday I went to IHOP for breakfast.  It was a pregnancy craving that I could NOT resist.  I tried, I really attempted to find someone to go with me.  But such is my life, that I have no friends here in my new home that can share a meal with me and my husband is still overseas.

As I walked into IHOP ALONE, I realized, this is not a place for a woman to go alone. IHOP is for groups of hungover college students and high school seniors or senior citizen coming from church.  IHOP is not for a pregnant lady to come and eat alone.

After seating me at an unnecessarily huge booth, the waiter takes my drink order and returns promptly with the coffee I ordered.  He brings the little bowl of cream and sugar and I realize, I have to urinate.  I get up and waddle towards the bathroom.  Along the way is a group of three military men.  I recognize them instantly from the smell of booze that permeates their booth and their identical haircuts.  I know military men.  A tall black military man stands up and tells me "You look like you need a baby daddy."  I realize what he means as I remember that my ring is at the jewelers for repair.  I informed him that "I'm good" and continue on my way to the bathroom, contemplating a time when IHOP was NOT the place to find a baby daddy, though storing it in my mind in case DH chooses to leave me at some point.

As I'm pushing my way into the bathroom, I hear his voice loudly tell his friend "I'm in the Navy, I could give her that healthcare."

And I stop.  The need to empty my bladder is temporarily less important to me than figuring out if that line has ever worked on a woman.  I stop in my tracks, thinking "I wonder if that ACTUALLY works?!?"  Apparently it has before.  Is it that important to women these days, PREGNANT WOMEN, to have Navy health care?  (More on Navy Health Care, I'm sure, in upcoming posts)

So I continue on my way, do my bathroom duty and come out.  The whole table turns to look at me as I leave and I sit down and order my breakfast, all the while still thinking about the world I live in.

I don't think my husband would let me out of the house if he knew about the random things that happen to me, but this is my life.  RANDOM CRAP HAPPENS TO ME and I have no idea why...People say the most ridiculous things around me.  But most of it, I don't tell my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah--I love reading these! Please keep up with the blogging your stories make me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete