Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Interwebs return!

Dear World,


Today I had an OB appt.  For those who don't know, I am 15 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my husband and my first baby.  These are exciting times and I am due on Xmas Eve, of all days!  Now...today after my appt I thought about the name Noelle for a girl.  Noelle....for a Xmas baby.  Too Cliche?  


My husband and I had previously chosen Brynn Renee as a girl name.  Renee was the middle name of choice, though, as my husband didn't hesitate to tell me, it is also his mother's middle name.  It has come to be my belief that my MIL (mother-in-law/monster-in-law depending on the day) might take this personally, that our baby's middle name is the same as hers.  I don't need this happening, I don't need any extra issues with that.  Now normally I would tell a person to suck it up, or let them know how little their middle name had to do with my own choice of baby names, but in my DH (darling husband/dopey husband)'s love of his mom, sometimes little lies tend to slip from his lips.  I don't think he even realizes that he does it, but I don't want to worry that one day I'll overhear "yeah, mommy, she's named after you.  We chose her middle name because it was yours"...


Now my hubby, shall we call him a nickname? Haven't decided that yet.  The hubby doesn't INTEND to piss me off with his little lies, they just slip out.  He's thinking he's just making his mom happy, but in the end they just bug me to no end.  Such as the tattoo he got the day before our wedding.  He asked me what he should get.  I told him a giraffe, mainly because I thought he wouldn't do it.  But he did.  He told me he got a giraffe for me.  That was MY giraffe.  Not as tacky as a name tattooed (no offense to my readers, but what name tattoo have you ever gotten that you've looked at years down the road and though "yeah, that was a good idea"?) but this tattoo was a brand.  This tattoo meant he was ALLLLLLLLLLL mine.  That is, until we arrived to his hometown and I'm being introduced to his mother as his new wife. "Oh and by the way, I got a new tattoo, it's a giraffe mommy, because they're your favorite animal!".


Now you may be looking at this and thinking that it's no big deal but now, this tattoo that I had absolutely loved because it was purely MINE has become someone elses.  I now resent this tattoo...the one I chose for him.  It's a constant reminder of disappointment...


The point of that whole story was...I don't want that happening with my daughter.  I don't want to hear that one day and think "Goddammit, now how do I go about getting her middle name changed without her daddy finding out".


And that, my friends, is Shit I don't Tell my Husband.




Off to go think of better middle names.  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I know how it is being married to a momma's boy, not fun at all! But, if Michael came home with a tat he said was b/c of me and then he told his mom the same thing, I would be beyond pissed.

    ReplyDelete