Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Fun Day

So today me and the neighbor ladies (and one husband) went out on a mission.  Our mission was a sunday fun day.  Complete with Jersey Shore classy shorts and swimsuits.  I even made fun day funfetti brownies! Over all it was a fun day.

As the day was winding down, the ladies and I are all sitting out in the front lawn and chatting.  All of a sudden, my neighbor who is holding her 6 mos old baby, yells out "Are you joking me?!?"

We look over and there is something dripping down the babies leg, as her mother holds her out in front of her, disgusted.  The baby has peed through the diaper somehow and is literally DRIPPING down her legs.

I realized this will be me in about 10 mos.  This is what my life is about to be.  Babies are a wonderful thing, but I think sometimes expectant mothers really don't see everything that they are coming up against.  Yes, we know it will be difficult, but just being around young mothers and hearing the stories somewhat makes me dread what I've gotten myself into.

I've been looking through rose tinted lenses thinking about how my tiny baby will be.  And there's a whoooolllleeee world of pee and poop in front of me.  In fact, it's moments like that which before, I would have said "That's why I don't want kids..."  Cheese and rice, what have I done?

No, I'm not getting cold feet (too late for that) and no I'm not afraid for a baby, but this is a strange journey that I have embarked upon and I don't know if I'm even beginning to realize what I'm getting myself into...

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Had a million moments like that. And you'll learn to love every single one of them. And you'll be so happy to have them. I can't wait for you to be a mother. This is one hell of a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited too, don't get me wrong. I remember arguing with the hubby until I was blue in the face about how I wanted a baby. He was always making up reasons about why we shouldn't. My favorite ones include:

    "You can't wear white pants if we have a baby"
    "I'd rather get a ferarri"
    "How would we have sex?"
    "But...we have a dog!"
    "You won't be able to have coffee tables with corners, we have to get a round coffee table"

    but even though I told him I wanted a baby, I didn't mean right NOW. lol. Now that the little one is on the way, I'm excited but also very nervous. I don't want to mess this up.

    I'm sure I'll be fine. Just some pre-baby jitters, I guess.

    ReplyDelete